Location: San Jose / Bay Area
Who we are:
LiveWorld (www.liveworld.com) is the market leader in social media moderation and community programming services and technology for global brands such as American Express, eBay, MINI Cooper, P&G, Pfizer and Walmart. Our solutions enable brands to scale social with:
- Moderation to protect brands on Facebook and across social channels.
- Actionable insight to enable brands to learn what their customers think.
- Community Programming to engage and support customers.
With our unique Tech-Powered Human Touch we focus on the brand’s core cultural model in social — how to deploy that model across social channels with the quality of human involvement, scaled by our proprietary technologies. The LiveWorld team has been in this space for 28 years (12 at Apple and 16 as LiveWorld). We’re growing and profitable. We seek a leader to help us reach the next level!
As a Scrum Master at LiveWorld, you will facilitate one or two scrum teams developing cutting edge social media applications.
The right candidate will have professional and personal experience across a broad spectrum of disciplines including, though not limited to: programming, various application development methodologies (ie. waterfall, agile, etc), teaching, leadership, presentation, facilitation, organizational development, and interpersonal communication. And of course will carry current certification as Scrum Master or preferably Scrum Professional.
For each team, you will:
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily stand up, planning/tasking sessions, sprint acceptance, and sprint retrospectives) within agreed timeboxes.
- Maintain Scrum artifacts either through direct ownership, or supporting the appropriate entities (i.e. the product owner for the product backlog, the team for the card wall).
- Enforce the roles and responsibilities of Scrum.
- Coach the team as a whole, and team members individually toward high performance.
- Support and implement engineering best practices.
- Work to build and increase communication channels where needed.
- We take our agile practice seriously and constantly strive to leverage Scrum to improve how we work together and ultimately drive quality.
- We are balanced: We work hard but smart. Our experienced team can build leading edge systems, and do it fast – all without 14-hour days
- We are flexible: You can work from home most of the week but we do expect some face time.
- We have a lot of fun!!!
- Servant Leader; you must be able to garner respect from the teams and lead by influence.
- Communicative and social; must be able to communicate well with teams from perspectives ranging from technical, to business strategy, to interpersonal relationships.
- Facilitative; must be able to lead from a position of non-authority, must be able to enable the teams to perform effectively.
- Assertive; must be able to ensure Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to.
- Situationally Aware; must be able to deeply perceive contexts and clarify them appropriately.
- Enthusiastic; must be high-energy and able to hold space for the teams.
- Continual Improvement; must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques, and collaborating with other agile practitioners within LiveWorld to evolve agile practice.
- Conflict Resolution; must be able to facilitate discussion and foster alignment through productive conflict.
- Attitude of Empowerment; must be able to foster a team’s self-organization.
- Attitude of Transparency; must stand for full disclosure and openness throughout the business.
- Technically Savvy; must have a proven record of excellence in programming and success in agile development methodologies.
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org