Who we are:
LiveWorld is a digital and social marketing agency empowering companies to scale online dialogue in web, social media, and messaging apps allowing stronger connections and deeper relationships.
LiveWorld clients include the #1 brands in healthcare, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods, retail, financial, and travel services. LiveWorld is headquartered in Campbell, California, with an additional office in New York City. Learn more at http://www.liveworld.com.
As a Jr. Software Engineer at LiveWorld, you will join a distributed, agile development team to build the next generation of our company’s software products. We are committed to using the best available engineering practices and technologies and to fostering a friendly and sustainable remote development environment.
This position will require strong hands-on development experience and will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
You will work closely with Product team to understand requirements and business specifications. You will write top notch code to create bots and mobile friendly apps. You will develop LiveWorld’s flagship conversation management application and integrate with social network APIs like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
Required skills and traits:
- 1-4 years of experience designing and developing full stack web applications preferably with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience implementing and consuming RESTful APIs. Major plus if familiar integrating with social network APIs like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn APIs.
- Solid skills with git. A GitHub profile with open-source contributions is a major plus.
- Strong practice of TDD/BDD using RSpec, Jasmine, and Cucumber.
- Familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL or such), Elasticsearch, Python, AWS debugging errors through logs is a plus.
- Can work effectively with a remote team of engineers as well as independently.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
Recommended education and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in CS or related discipline
- 2-4 years experience a plus
How to apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Jr Software Engineer” in subject line.