Who we are:
At LiveWorld, we help companies improve the customer experience by managing conversations in messaging apps and social media to develop deeper relationships with customers. LiveWorld specializes at handling the real-time speed and scale requirements that global brands require to engage customers 1-on-1 and deliver personalized interactions with a human touch. LiveWorld clients include the #1 brands in consumer packaged goods, retail, pharmaceutical, financial, and travel services. LiveWorld is headquartered in San Jose, California, with an additional office in New York City. Learn more at http://www.liveworld.com.
What we believe:
- Great businesses are driven by dialogue and relationships with their customers.
- Companies can create natural continuations of the experiences people have in the real world with a brand in messaging apps and social media.
- When done right, brands can increase engagement, drive transactions and improve loyalty through consumer to brand conversations.
- Humans beat algorithms – Nothing can match a person’s intellect and compassion when evaluating and participating in conversations.
As a Software Engineer at LiveWorld, you will join a distributed agile development team to build the next-generation of our company’s flagship social customer experience application. You will implement new features in short sprints, taking requirement inputs from Product Management and guidance from Engineering leadership, while working with other developers to fully integrate backend functionality with the presentation layer. You may also have to Integrate third party applications and systems with the Content Review System.
Required skills and traits:
- Strong practice of TDD/BDD using RSpec, Jasmine, and Cucumber.
- Experience with mobile app development is a major plus.
- Solid skills with git; a GitHub profile with open-source contributions is a plus
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Understanding of foundational and leading edge data warehouse and data driven technologies working with Postgres Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, d3.js etc
- Experience interacting with leading social media platforms/APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, etc
- Experience and comfortable working in a distributed agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
Recommended education and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree, preferably in CS or related discipline
How to Apply: